MBA Interview Training
Enhance your ability to perform effectively in MBA interviews
All of my sessions include a mock interview and feedback on areas including:
1) The main ideas are clear and are consistent with content in the resume and essays
2) Examples support your main ideas and expand on content in the resume and essays
3) Logical arrangement with smooth transitions between the start, main content and closing
4) Delivery with confidence using appropriate volume, pacing and answer length
I currently offer the following session lengths:
Half-Session ( 30 minutes) Focused Mock interview of key areas
Full-Session ( 60 minutes) Full Mock interview
Double-Session (120 minutes) Full Mock interview plus repetition of key areas
Reservation & Schedule:
You can reserve slots at the following link:
For Skype lessons, please add me to your contact list: ID = thompeace
For F2F sessions, here are directions to my location at: Cosmo Palais 2-17-13 Matsubara Setagaya Tokyo
To begin your interview preparations, please consider answers to the following questions:
1. Could you tell me about yourself, and why you are applying to our program?
2. How has your academic background helped your professional career?
3. Could you describe your current company & job in more detail?
4. What are your future goals, and how can our school help you achieve them?
5. What are your strengths, and how will you contribute them to lectures, group work and extra curricular activities?
6. What are your weaknesses, and how can our curriculum, group work and community help you improve them?
7. Why are you applying to our program, and how did you learn about us?
8. Do you have any questions and closing remarks?
— Q & A —
How many interview training sessions should I take to prepare for my first interview?
If there is enough time, candidates generally take at least 3 sessions before their first interview with the following schedule:
Session 1: Preparation Questions with general feedback and advice on strategies
Session 2: Standard Questions with general feedback and reinforcement of strategies
Session 3: Additional Questions with focused feedback
Additional sessions are useful to build confidence, brush up skills before interviews with more schools
and practice for presentations or other expanded requirements.
Do you also review and edit resumes, essays and other application documents?
Yes. I can also support you with written materials. Just attach your documents
and let me know you would like to discuss them in our session.
How can I prepare for your sessions for essay editing?
I recommend creating draft documents and interview answers as close to the final version as possible.
The more prepared you are, the sooner we can work on more detailed and strategic content.
What is the most common advice or feedback do you give to improve interviews?
I recommend ending answers in a clear and confident manner.
Often candidates will stop their answer in the body section and leave out a persuasive closing argument
to achieve the desired result: Acceptance into the MBA program.
Which Business schools have your previous clients been accepted to?
My previous clients have been accepted into the following schools:
Babson College (Olin)
Carnegie Mellon (Tepper)
Cornell University (Johnson)
Michigan Global MBA
MIT Sloan School of Management
New York (Stern)
North Carolina (Kenan-Flagler)
Ohio State (Fisher)
Southern California (Marshall)
UC Berkeley (Haas)
Texas, Austin (McCombs)
Yale School of Management
London Business School
Rotterdam School of Management
Beijing International MBA (BiMBA)
Nanyang Business School (Singapore)
NUS Business School (Singapore)